Health Career Exploration Resources for Students
Center for Rural Health Workforce Projects
Center for Rural Health Resources
- Health Workforce Information Center Student Flyer -
Two-page flyer focused on resources to help students learn about health careers and the average earnings, find
scholarships and more.
- Career Booklet – Book of health
professions with information on average salaries, education requirements, and colleges in ND/surrounding area
that offer the program.
External Links and Resources
- Career Outlook – Comprehensive career
exploration and planning publication for North Dakota students.
- Career Resource Network– Career exploration resources
specifically designed for students, educators, and parents.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org – Resource offering
information on health careers, enrichment programs, and educational funding for minority and low income
- Job Service North Dakota – Provides an array of services to help
workers find suitable employment, administers the Unemployment Insurance program for North Dakota, assists
businesses acquire qualified workers, and produces the best and most up-to-date labor market information in the
- North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education – Offers
career awareness, work readiness skills, occupational preparation, and retraining of workers throughout the
state for all educational levels.
- North Dakota University System (NDUS) – Made up of 11 public colleges
and universities governed by the State Board of Higher Education, the NDUS is composed of two doctoral
degree-granting institutions, two master’s degree-granting institutions, two universities that offer
baccalaureate degrees and five campuses that offer associate and trade or technical degrees.
- Science Fair Project ideas – A resource to
spark science fair project ideas for students and classroom activity ideas for instructors.
- The University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Educates and prepares North Dakota residents as physicians, medical scientists, and other health professionals
for service to the people of North Dakota and the nation, and advances medical and biomedical knowledge through
Student Organization Resources
- HOSA – Future Health Professionals student organization dedicated 100%
to health professions.
- SkillsUSA – North Dakota – SkillsUSA is a
national organization that serves trade, industrial, technical, and health occupations students in high schools,
career and technical centers, and colleges. It is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working
together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. More than 1,000 corporations, trade associations and labor
unions actively support SkillsUSA on the national level through financial contributions and involvements of
their people in SkillsUSA activities.
- North Dakota Technology Student Organization (ND TSA)–
TSA provides students in Technology Education grades 7-12 with leadership opportunities and the chance to
participate in competitive events. The mission of the Technology Student Association is to prepare our
membership for the challenges of a dynamic world by promoting technological literacy, leadership and problem
solving resulting in personal growth and opportunities.
For more information, contact:
Kylie Nissen, Project Coordinator
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9037