Rural Health Award Recipients Named
May 26, 2021
The 36th Annual Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health, held on June 2-4, presented awards to 12 outstanding North Dakota rural health advocates during the virtual Rural and Public Health Awards Program.
Watch a recording of the awards program.
Rural Health Awards
- Brian Twete, Provider/Family Nurse Practitioner with Northwood Deaconess Health Center, is the Outstanding Rural Health Provider.
- Katie Beyer, Prevention Specialist/Partnership for Success Grant Coordinator with City-County Health District in Valley City, is the Emerging Rural Health Leader.
- Billie Madler, Chair of Graduate Nursing for the University of Mary in Bismarck, is the Outstanding Rural Health Educator/Mentor.
- William McKinnon, MD, Medical Director of Regional Operations for Altru Health System in Grand Forks, is the Outstanding Rural Health Professional.
- Avera eCARE School Health earned the Outstanding Rural Health Program award.
- Deloris Oja, Activities Aid/Member/Treasurer with Mountrail Bethel Home Auxiliary in Stanley, is the Outstanding Rural Health Volunteer.
- Erling Martinson, MD, Family Medicine Specialist and Medical Director with Nelson County Health System in McVille, garnered the Outstanding Rural Health Career award.
- Representative Richard "Rick" Holman, North Dakota House of Representatives, is the Rural Health Legislator of the Year.
- Towner County Medical Center in Cando hosted the R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camp of the Year.
Public Health Awards
- Molly Howell, Assistant Director for Disease Control at the North Dakota Department of Health, is the North Dakota Public Health Association Public Health Worker of the Year.
- Theresa Knox, Nursing and Nutrition Supervisor at Grand Forks Public Health, is the North Dakota Public Health Association Public Health Outstanding Service award winner.
- Grand Forks Public Health Department is the Public Health Team of the Year.