Celebrate Rural Health!
Nov 4, 2022
National Rural Health Day has been a staple for over a decade and celebrating the Power of Rural is more important than ever. Every year, since 2011, the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health sets aside the third Thursday of November to celebrate rural health across the country. This year, we want you to join us in celebrating this national movement.
What is National Rural Health Day?
This is an opportunity to "Celebrate the Power of Rural" by honoring the selfless, community-minded spirit that prevails in rural America. This day not only showcases the efforts and innovations of rural healthcare, but also ensures that rural healthcare providers know how valued they are, to their communities, to their state, and to the country.
We challenge our healthcare organizations and facilities to find a way to celebrate and show support for National Rural Health Day on November 17! If you share anything on social media, use #PowerofRural to join with the thousands of others who will also be celebrating rural health.
Show Your Support
Think about how your organization can celebrate National Rural Health day and tell us your plans by November 17. By signing up to show your support, your facility will be included on the Center for Health's National Rural Health day page. Even if you don't yet know what you want to do to celebrate, please fill out the form to let us know you support this day of recognition.
How to Celebrate
This year, the Center for Rural health and North Dakota Rural Health Association plans include:
- Hosting a photo contest with prizes
- Providing a downloadable drawing page for children to color
- Providing free stickers for any facility who would like to participate in a Jeans Day to raise funds for a cause of their choice
- Read the Governor's Proclamation declaring November 17, 2022 Rural Health Day in North Dakota.
- Hosting a Scrubs Camp on National Rural Health Day
- Hosting staff luncheons/receptions and taking staff photos