Scrubs Camp Grant Recipients Announced
Aug 9, 2023
The Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning in Health (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Camp grant recipients for the 2023-2024 cycle have been awarded. R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camps are one-day camps held in rural communities that are organized through a partnership among a local healthcare facility, an economic or job development authority, and a school. Scrubs Camps target students in grades 5-12 to introduce them to careers in healthcare in fun, interactive ways.
- Coal Country Community Health Center in Beulah
- Towner County Medical Center in Cando
- Northeast Education Services Cooperative in Devils Lake
- Roughrider Area Career and Technology Center in Dickinson
- Garrison Public School District #51 in Garrison
- Unity Medical Center in Grafton
- SMP Health – St. Aloisius in Harvey
- West River Health Services in Hettinger
- Nelson County Health System in McVille
- Northwood Deaconess Health Center in Northwood
- First Care Health Center in Park River
- Richland County Health Department in Wahpeton
- Great Northwest Education Cooperative in Williston
The Scrubs Camps will be held between August 15, 2023 and April 30, 2024. The 13 camps that will be hosted in the upcoming months will reach 127 communities and approximately 900 students around North Dakota.
Host a Camp in Your Community
If you are interested in hosting a Scrubs Camp, contact Kylie Nissen, program director, at kylie.nissen@UND.edu or (701) 777-5380.