University of North Dakota Psychology Internship Center (UNDPIC) SGCoE Sponsored Native American slots
Up to two Native American pre-doctoral psychology interns per year from 2013-2017 may be funded by the Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health. The sponsorship by the Seven SGCoE is listed below.
- Native American (American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian ancestry).
- Meet APPIC Criteria for Match.
- Meet UNDPIC Criteria for Match.
Compensation for each pre-doctoral intern:
- $23,400/year stipend
- $700 for EMDR Training registration
- $836 for travel to EMDR Training
- Compensation budgeted for two Native American Pre-Doctoral Interns/year 2013-2017.
- Contract for supervision of Native Interns is available for 2013 and will depend upon funding in future years.
Other aspects available through the SGCoE:
- Presentations by Native Clinicians on aspects of treatment in Indian Country.
- Presentations by Native Scholars on research and cultural adaptation of treatment for Native Americans.
- Connection with cultural, spiritual and ceremonial activities with Northstar Council.
- Participation in the “Rez Tour” in August before classes begin to visit the ND tribal communities.
- Interaction with the Native Health Research Team.
- Successfully complete the internship requirements.
- Participate in the program evaluation.
To learn more about applying, contact: