Flex Legislation & Policy
The Rural Hospital Medicare Flexibility Program, as well as rural health in general, is affected by new legislation, changing legislation, and rural health policy. Find information on legislation and policy affecting rural health and the Flex program including analysis, regulation and legislative language.
These links will navigate you away from this site. Please use your back button to return to this page.
- Health Reform Bill (2010)
- Balanced Budget Act (1997)
- Balanced Budget Refinement Act (1999)
- The Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Benefits Improvement and Protection Act of 2000 (BIPA)
- Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (MMA) of 2003
- Conditions of Participation
- Appendix W - Interpretive Guidelines for Critical Access Hospitals