Oral Health in North Dakota’s Long Term Care Facilities DENTAQUEST (DentaQuest)
The Center for Rural Health began working with the North Dakota Department of Health Oral Health Program and the North Dakota Long Term Care Association in 2015 to assess oral health services among long term care facilities in North Dakota. Part of this work has focused on assessing the impact of the current North Dakota Long Term Care (LTC) Oral Health Program. Center staff serve on a Statewide Older Adult Oral Health Workgroup, and continue to research oral health access, utilization, and outcomes among long term care residents in North Dakota.
- Complete pre and post assessments among LTC facilities participating in the North Dakota LTC Oral Health Program. This program provides oral health services to LTC residents by bringing oral health providers, and their equipment, into the LTC facility to provide care.
- Survey all North Dakota LTC facilities to identify current oral health systems as well as barriers to provide oral healthcare to LTC residents.
- Survey and interview North Dakota dental providers working with LTC residents to identify best practices for other LTC facilities in the state.
Most Recent Publications
- Dentists Providing Oral Healthcare to Long Term Care Residents: Survey Chartbook & Four North Dakota Case Studies
The survey was to assist in identifying providers for case study, and to identify barriers to providing care in long term care facilities.Author(s): Schroeder, S., Bright, P.
Date: July 2016
- Post-Assessment of the Long Term Care Oral Health Program: Aggregate Report
Comprehensive report of North Dakota Long Term Care Facilities participating in the state’s LTC Oral Health Program. Discusses aggregate results, identifies program successes and failures, as well as perceptions of the program from the perspective of administrative and direct care staff.Author(s): Schroeder, S., Bright, P., Fix, N.
Date: July 2016
- Oral Healthcare in North Dakota Long Term Care Facilities
Examines survey results of oral healthcare in long term care facilities throughout North Dakota.Author(s): Schroeder, S.
Date: June 2016
Type: Fact Sheet
- Oral Health Services and Barriers to Care in North Dakota Long Term Care Facilities: Chartbook
Long term care facility staff completed a survey to identify current oral health practices, and barriers to providing oral healthcare to facility residents in North Dakota.Author(s): Schroeder, S., Bright, P.
Date: March 2016
Most Recent Presentations
- Oral Health Services Provided and the Perceived Barriers to Providing Services in Long Term Care Facilities
Presented by Schroeder, S. on Jun 27, 2016 at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts
- Oral Health Indicators in Rural & Urban Long Term Care Facilities
Presented by Schroeder, S. on May 13, 2016 at the National Rural Health Association, Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota