Jacque Gray, PhD
Research Associate Professor
Dr. Jacqueline Gray is a Research Associate Professor and the Associate Director of Indigenous Programs at the Center for Rural Health and the Department of Pathology at the University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences, in Grand Forks.
- American Indian Health Research Conference
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Institute of Mental Health Outreach Partnership
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
Most Recent Publications
- Assessment of Anxiety Among Northern Plains Indians
Gray, J., McCullagh, J., Petros, T.
American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, November 2015Article examines the reliability and validity of the Beck Anxiety Inventory by comparing scores among three different diagnostic categories.
- Contributing Factors to American Indian/Alaskan Native Elders’ Quality of Life
Lyons, L., Wheeler, M., Gray, J., Bluehouse, R., Morgan, R. August 2015A study on the factors that contribute to American Indian and Alaskan Native Elders' quality of life.
- Identity Theft Among American Indian and Alaskan Native Elders
Riley, D., Wheeler, M., Gray, J., Bluehouse, R., Morgan, R. July 2015Fact sheet on NIEJI's findings regarding identity theft among American Indian and Alaskan Native Elders.
- Technology Use among American Indian/Alaskan Native Elders
Azure, W., Wheeler, M., Gray, J., Bluehouse, R., Morgan, R. July 2015Findings from research on technology use among American Indian and Alaskan Native elders.
- Food Security, Depression and Quality of Life in Northern Plains Indians
Gray, J.S., Gonzaga, K., Penland, J.G., Lukaski, H., and Stensland, P.
Journal of Indigenous Research, Volume 4 Issue 2015 Pages Article 3, June 2015Article presents a research program designed with the objective of exploring the relationships between health disparities, high levels of poverty, and food insecurity in Native American and Alaskan Native communities.
Most Recent Presentations
- Elder Abuse in Indian Country
Presented by Gray, J., LaCounte, C., Sampson, D., Whitewater, T. on May 10, 2016 at the National Indian Health Board, Webinar
- Disrespect: Addressing Elder Abuse in Indian Country on Turtle Island
Presented by Gray, J. on Nov 18, 2015 at the Healing Our Spirits, Seventh Gathering, Hamilton, New Zealand
- Epidemic: Suicide in Indian Country
Presented by Gray, J. on Oct 07, 2015 at the American Indian/Alaska Native Behavioral Health Network, Iowa City, Iowa
- Financial Fraud in Indian Country
Presented by Gray, J., Dewees, S., LaCounte, C. on Aug 25, 2015 at the National Center for Victims of Crime, Webinar
- Model Tribal Elder Abuse Codes
Presented by Gray, J. on Aug 11, 2015 at the Title VI Training and Technical Assistance Conference, Washington, DC