Kylie Nissen, BBA
Senior Program Coordinator
Kylie has been with the CRH since January, 2007. She is a lifelong North Dakota resident and enjoys helping to support rural communities in a variety of ways.
Kylie is also active in the state and nationally:
- North Dakota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Executive Director
- North Dakota Rural Health Association, Executive Director
- National Rural Health Association, Member
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural
- Communications Committee, Co-Chair
- Educational Exchange Committee
- Annual Conference Committee
- Area Health Education Center Program
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Caring Foundation Rural Health Grant Program
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health
- Health in Partnership with Education (HIPE) Week
- Project ECHO: Management of Opioid Use Disorder
- Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning in Health (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Program
- State Office of Rural Health
Most Recent Publications
Scrubs Project Report
Project report for Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Camps and Scrubs Academy.Author(s): Nissen, K.
Date: August 2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota “Official Sponsor of Recess” Rural Grant Program, Year 10
Describes wellness programs funded to rural North Dakota communities through the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Rural Grant Program.Author(s): Nissen, K., and Reiten, J.
Date: February 2016
- Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Camps and Scrubs Academy I & II
Provides an overview of the Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Camps and Scrubs Academy I & II programs.Author(s): Nissen, K.
Date: August 2014
- Environmental Scan of Health Information Technology (HIT) Adoption amongst North Dakota Healthcare Entities
Assesses the level of adoption of electronic health records (EHR) and telehealth; and health information technology workforce in hospitals, independent rural clinics, community health centers, clinical laboratories, pharmacies, long term care, and local public health units and departments throughout North Dakota.Author(s): Dickson, L., Nissen, K., Wolf, S., Peterson, C., & Willis, N.
Date: July 2012
- Connecting North Dakota for a Healthier Future
Discusses North Dakota's progress in converting to electronic health records. Addresses barriers for completion and offers resolutions.Author(s): Dickson, L., Nissen, K., & Rodriguez, M.
Date: December 2008
Most Recent Presentations
- Grant Writing Basics
Presented by Gibbens, B., Nissen, K. on Sep 22, 2016 at the Trinity Kenmare Community Hospital meeting, Kenmare, North Dakota
- Penguin Revolution
Presented by Morin, K., Nissen, K., Symons, C., & Thorpe, M. on May 31, 2012 at the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health, Grand Forks, North Dakota