Jody Ward, RN, MS, APHN
Jody Ward directs and coordinates the activities of the North Dakota Medical Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) program administered by the Center for Rural Health at The University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS). Ward has been with the Center since 2008 and her office is based in Minot, N.D.
Ward has skillfully and enthusiastically led the CAH Quality Network in a number of quality and patient safety initiatives. She serves as a liaison to statewide stakeholders, facilitating the exchange of information and network development. Through the Flex program she assists rural hospitals and emergency medical services (EMS) to maintain access to quality health services in rural communities.
Before joining the CRH, Ward was a Health Care Quality Improvement Project Coordinator for North Dakota Health Care Review, Inc. (NDHCRI). While at NDHCRI she participated in the development and implementation of quality improvement projects and provided technical support for all hospitals in N.D. She was also an ICU nurse at UniMed medical center in Minot, N.D.
Ward has a Master of Science degree in Advanced Public Health Nursing (APHN) from the University of North Dakota and a registered nurse (RN) bachelor’s degree from Minot State University.
Established in 1980, the Center for Rural Health is one of the nation's most experienced rural health organizations. It has developed a full complement of programs to assist researchers, educators, policymakers, health care providers and, most importantly, rural residents to address changing rural environments by identifying and researching rural health issues, analyzing health policy, strengthening local capabilities, developing community-based alternatives, and advocating for rural concerns.
- CAH Quality Network -- Supports quality improvement activities of CAH Network members and assists them with the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
- Flex -- Assist small rural hospitals to maintain access to health services for rural residents.
- State Stroke Program -- Facilitates the on-boarding of ND Critical Access Hospitals to the State Stroke Registry and provides ongoing assistance and support to registry participants.
- Flex and SHIP Funding Focus
Presented by Gibbens, B., Ward, J. on
2012 at the North Dakota Critical Access Hospital Quality Network Annual Meeting, Bismarck, North Dakota.
- Keeping Up with CAH QA and QI
Presented by Ward, J. RN, BSN on
2012 at the North Dakota CAH Quality Network “Keeping Up With CAH QA & QI” education event, Jamestown, North Dakota.
- ND Critical Access Hospital Quality Network Fall Annual Meeting
Presented by Miller, M., Ward, J., Schroeder, S. on
2011 at the NDHA Convention Pre-Conference, Bismarck, ND.
- History of ND CAH Network
Presented by Vigen, D., Ward, J., & Swenson, C. on
2009 at the CAH Quality Network Conference, Mandan, ND.