Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health
June 5-7, 2013
Seven Seas Hotel & Waterpark
Mandan, North Dakota
The Dakota Conference provides an opportunity for over 300 health care professionals, educators, and students to share strategies for building and sustaining healthy communities in North Dakota. It includes two and one half days of pre-conference workshops, keynote speakers, breakout sessions, poster presentations, evening workshops, and an awards banquet.
Why attend the Dakota Conference?
Network with health care professionals
Learn about current rural and public health issues
Experience the collaboration of organizations, health and human service disciplines, and communities
Get a taste of the professional side of being in health care
Who Should Attend
- Rural health care professionals
- Public health professionals
- Mental health professionals
- Social workers
- Administrators - nursing home, hospital and clinic
|2014 Dakota Conference
June 18-20, 2014
Grand Forks, ND
- Health professions students
- All individuals interested in improving health care service in rural areas
- Provide quality education for rural and public health professionals.
- Improve the health and well-being of North Dakota Communities.
- Provide continuing education to health and human service administrators, managers, researchers, and clinical providers in the areas of:
- Health care administration,
- Health promotion and disease prevention,
- Environmental health and occupational health, and
- Diverse populations and health disparities.
- Create an environment of learning that is informative and educational to an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary audience of health and human service professionals.
- Provide conference participants with the opportunity to formally present community-based solutions to common rural and public health issues.
- Provide conference participants with the opportunity to informally network with others to share skills and strategies meant to address access, financial, and quality-of-care issues found in rural and public health.
- Foster an environment that is conducive to collaboration between different organizations, health and human service disciplines, and communities.
Conference Planning Committee
- Lynette Dickson (Chair), UND SMHS Center for Rural Health
- Tracy Evanson, UND College of Nursing
- Jon Green, Altru Health System
- Kristine Morin, UND SMHS Center for Rural Health
- Theresa Knox, North Dakota Public Health Association
- Kylie Nissen, UND SMHS Center for Rural Health
- Julie Andersson, UND SMHS Family and Community Medicine
- Pete Antonson, North Dakota Rural Health Association
The Dakota Conference is Coordinated and Facilitated by
- The Center for Rural Health, The University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
The Dakota Conference is Supported by
For more information about the 2013 Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health visit ruralhealth.und.edu/dakotaconference.
Kylie Nissen, Project Coordinator