The Center for Rural Health supports rural and tribal health through policy work at the state, regional, tribal and national levels. We help policymakers and people interested in healthcare delivery get the information they need by:
- Studying the impact of current policies and regulations on communities
- Examining the potential impact of proposed policy changes on communities
- Supporting informed decision-making through provision of data and research
What We Can Do for You
In the area of policy, we offer:
- Policy-related research through the Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center.
- Policy-relevant information on topics that concern you, your organization, or community through policy-focused presentations on current issues, policy briefs, other publications, and the Rural Health Information Hub's Rural Health Policy guide.
- Assistance in understanding the impact of current and proposed policies on rural health and how you can provide input to policymakers.
- Assistance to your organization in policy framing. CRH faculty and staff have specialized training in policy communications and messaging.
We have a 30-year history of supporting North Dakota health policy. Our staff and faculty serve on national and state policy relevant boards and committees such as the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) and National Rural Health Association (NRHA). Staff and faculty have provided testimony at the state and federal level on key rural and tribal issues. The Center provides support and information to North Dakota's Congressional delegation, the Governor's office, state legislators, and various associations and organizations.
Brad Gibbens, MPA