News & Events
- North Dakota Health Information Technology Loan Program
Dec 12, 2017 -- The North Dakota Health Information Technology Advisory Committee has about $2.5 million available for low-interest loans to help the state’s healthcare entities improve their health information technology infrastructure.
- Rural Health Grant Program Seeking Applications
Dec 8, 2017 -- The Center for Rural Health is pleased to announce that
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) Caring
Foundation will make funding available for their rural
health grant program.
- Two SMHS-Affiliated Physicians Appointed to the National Quality Forum's Rural Health Workgroup
Dec 1, 2017 -- Two School of Medicine and Health Sciences affiliated physicians, David
Schmitz, MD, and Aaron Garman, MD, were appointed to the
National Quality Forum's Rural Health Workgroup.
- A Short Survey for North Dakota Behavioral Health Stakeholders
Nov 28, 2017 -- The Center for Rural Health is inviting all North Dakota
behavioral health stakeholders to complete a short survey
to assist in prioritizing behavioral healthcare workforce
solutions in the state.
- National Rural Health Day Photo and Video Contests (Deadline passed)
Nov 8, 2017 -- The Center for Rural Health (CRH), in partnership with the
North Dakota Rural Health Association, is hosting photo and
video contests. The deadline to enter is November 12.
- 2017 North Dakota e-Health/HIMSS Summit
Nov 6, 2017 -- There is still time to register for this year’s North Dakota e-Health/Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Summit.
- UND Discovery Grand Challenge Event
Oct 25, 2017 -- This event is an opportunity to learn from federal agencies
about external funding resources and programs to help rural
communities solve health and social problems.
- Deadline Approaching: Scrubs Camp Grant Applications
Oct 24, 2017 -- The R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camps are one-day health career awareness camps in rural communities. Grant proposals are due Thursday, November 2, 2017 by 4:00 pm Central.
- Rural Health Care Services Outreach Program Accepting Applications
Oct 23, 2017 -- The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy has announced
that it will be accepting applications for its Rural Health
Care Services Outreach Program.
- Dakota Conference Abstracts Due October 23
Oct 16, 2017 -- Last call for presentation abstracts for the 2018 Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health.
- Desjarlais and Bonilla Receive Outstanding Student Research Awards
Oct 14, 2017 -- Cerynn Desjarlais and Celestina Bonilla were recently honored with 2017 Alan Allery Awards.
Archive of older press releases
News about CRH and its projects
- Hoeven Announces Nearly $220,000 Grant for Center for Rural Health
Aug 11, 2017 -- North Dakota Senator John Hoeven announces a nearly
$220,000 grant to support the Center for Rural Health’s
Area Health Education Center Program.
- A Matter of Life and Death
Aug 10, 2017 -- Ralph Renger, from the University of North Dakota’s Center for Rural Health, conducts an EMT training exercise in rural Wyoming that three weeks later turns into an identical situation and ends up saving a life.
Archive of older news items