News & Events
- Dakota Conference Abstracts Due October 23
Oct 16, 2017 -- Last call for presentation abstracts for the 2018 Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health.
- Desjarlais and Bonilla Receive Outstanding Student Research Awards
Oct 14, 2017 -- Cerynn Desjarlais and Celestina Bonilla were recently honored with 2017 Alan Allery Awards.
- Scrubs Academy Now Accepting Applications
Oct 12, 2017 -- The R-COOL-Health Scrubs Academy application deadline is
February 15, 2018. The four-day, three-night camp
encourages North Dakota middle school students to pursue a
career in healthcare.
- 2017-2018 North Dakota Flex RFP Released
Sep 28, 2017 -- The North Dakota Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility
Program is pleased to announce that its annual request for
proposals is now open to all North Dakota critical access
- Call for Presentations: 2018 Dakota Conference
Sep 20, 2017 -- Rural and public health professionals are encouraged to
submit abstracts for the 2018 Dakota Conference on Rural
and Public Health.
- National Rural Health Day Contests and Challenges
Sep 18, 2017 -- The Center for Rural Health (CRH), in partnership with the
North Dakota Rural Health Association (NDRHA), is hosting a
video challenge, photo contest, and coloring page
- 15th Annual American Indian Health Research Conference is October 14
Sep 14, 2017 -- The conference offers opportunities to discuss research directions, partnerships and collaboration in health research focusing on American Indians.
- UND’s Dickson Receives Award at National Conference
Sep 7, 2017 -- Lynette Dickson receives James D. Bernstein Mentoring Award
from the National Organization of State Offices of Rural
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative Announces Recipients of 2017 Innovation Awards
Sep 1, 2017 -- The National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative Innovation Grant
Program at the Center for Rural Health awarded $150,000 to
eight Native groups to develop programs to prevent,
identify, and address elder abuse, neglect, and
exploitation in their communities.
- Senator Heidi Heitkamp Recognized for Her Support of Life Sciences Innovation
Aug 28, 2017 -- North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp recognized for her support of life sciences innovation.
- R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camp Now Accepting Grant Applications
Aug 23, 2017 -- The R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camps are one-day health career
awareness camps in rural communities.
Archive of older press releases
News about CRH and its projects
- Hoeven Announces Nearly $220,000 Grant for Center for Rural Health
Aug 11, 2017 -- North Dakota Senator John Hoeven announces a nearly
$220,000 grant to support the Center for Rural Health’s
Area Health Education Center Program.
- A Matter of Life and Death
Aug 10, 2017 -- Ralph Renger, from the University of North Dakota’s Center for Rural Health, conducts an EMT training exercise in rural Wyoming that three weeks later turns into an identical situation and ends up saving a life.
Archive of older news items