Solid public health services can improve the overall population health, meaning healthier communities and healthier North Dakotans. The Center for Rural Health works to further the public health mission in North Dakota by:
- Working with diverse organizations to build partnerships and improve population health in rural areas.
- Coordinating the annual Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health.
- Gathering statistical data on various North Dakotan health aspects to inform stakeholders, educators, and policy makers.
- Providing technical assistance on accreditation, grant writing, needs assessments, improvement planning, and community engagement for local public health units.
- Brad Gibbens, MPA, Acting Director
- Kylie Nissen, BBA, Program Director