Educating and Informing
The Center for Rural Health (CRH) is committed to enhancing the understanding of rural health issues in our state, region, and the nation. We work with a wide range of rural stakeholders to:
- Raise awareness about the challenges facing rural communities
- Help people working on rural issues share their experiences and learn from one another
- Support informed decision making
What We Can Do for You
In the area of educating and informing, we offer:
- Key North Dakota rural statistics, maps and supporting information via fact sheets and other publications.
- Presentations by our staff on a wide variety of rural health topics. For more details or to request a presentation, see our speakers bureau.
- Professional development opportunities at the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health, Certified Brain Injury Specialist as well as other workshops and meetings.
- E-mail updates on state and national resources and opportunities via the Center for Rural Health Update monthly newsletter.
- The Rural Health Information Hub's (RHIhub) website offers an online clearinghouse with information on 80 key rural health and human services topics and all 50 states, examples of successful programs and approaches, tools to support grant writing, free customized assistance and much more.
Our staff and faculty present and publish on a wide range of rural health topics at the national, regional, tribal, state, and community levels. We also serve on a variety of national and regional boards, committees, and task forces, all with the aim of helping to inform people, organizations, and policy discussions about rural issues.
We provide information to the North Dakota Legislature, the Governor's office, and our state's federal delegation, as well as to legislative staff across the country.
CRH is the home of the RHIhub, the nation's rural health information center. RHIhub provides information, resources, models, opportunities, and more to millions of website visitors each year. CRH also hosts the Rural Health Research Gateway, which works with the federally-funded Rural Health Research Centers to communicate rural health research findings to a broad audience around the country.
- Behavioral Health Bridge
- COVID-19 Health Disparities Grant
- Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health
- Project ECHO
- Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning in Health (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Program
- Rural Community Toolbox: Funding & Tools to Build Healthy Drug-Free Rural Communities
- Rural Health Information Hub
- Rural Health Research Gateway