Brad Gibbens, MPA
Deputy Director and Assistant Professor
Brad Gibbens is the Deputy Director of the Center for Rural Health (CRH) at the University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences and an assistant professor at the School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Grand Forks.
Brad is also active in the state and nationally:
- The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, By-Laws Committee
- National Rural Health Association, member (Statewide Health Constituency Group, Policy Congress)
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health, former board member
- North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp's Health Advisory Committee
- Planning Committee of North Dakota Interim Health Reform Review Legislative Committee
- CDC Community Transformation Grant
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- Native Aging in Place Project
- North Dakota Oral Health Status
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- State Office of Rural Health
Most Recent Publications
Key Points: Rural Health and Health Reform in North Dakota
Summarizes the main themes for healthcare and health reform in rural North Dakota. Themes include access to care, health workforce, population health, and Accountable Care Organization Improvement Models importance to North Dakota.Author(s): Gibbens, B.
Date: March 2017
North Dakota’s Significant Health Needs as Identified by Community Health Needs Assessments
Summarizes and shows results of health needs identified by rural and urban communities in North Dakota through focus groups and community surveys.Author(s): Gibbens, B.
Date: January 2017
Type: Fact Sheet
- Perspectives of Rural Hospice Directors
Examines hospice care within a rural context, including issues regarding regulations, finance/reimbursement, workforce, general rural issues, relationships with other organizations, and technology. Identifies concerns of hospice directors in rural settings.Author(s): Gibbens, B., Schroeder, S., Knudson, A. and Hart, G.
Date: March 2015
Type: Policy Brief
- North Dakota Oral Health Report: Needs and Proposed Models, 2014
Needs, outcomes, findings, and stakeholder recommendations from the 2014 assessment of oral health need and policy recommendations for North Dakota.Author(s): Schroeder, S., Jonk, Y., Schuller, K., Hall, K., Hart, G., Gibbens, B.
Date: December 2014
- North Dakota Hospital Assessment: 2014 Chartbook
This Chartbook presents the findings of the 2014 survey of hospitals in North Dakota. This resource does not provide analysis or discussion of the results, but instead, offers a graphic discourse on the current hospital environment in the state. Output includes aggregate data stratified by geographic region (Northwest, Northeast, Southeast, Southwest) and hospital type (CAH or tertiary).Author(s): Schroeder, S., Hart, G., Gibbens, B., Dickson, L., Peterson, M. & Ahmed, A.
Date: December 2014
Most Recent Presentations
- The Role of Policy in Rural Health
Presented by Gibbens, B. on Mar 01, 2017 at the University of Mary, Advanced Nursing Education - Common and Chronic Healthcare Management 589, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Background for Congressman Kevin Cramer’s Healthcare Reform Roundtable
Presented by Gibbens, B. on Feb 22, 2017 at the Healthcare Reform Roundtable, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Understanding Rural Health in a Time of Policy and Health System Change and Reform
Presented by Gibbens, B. on Feb 13, 2017 at the University of Mary, Advanced Nursing Education - Common and Chronic Healthcare Management 589, Bismarck, North Dakota
- The Grant Writing Basics - An Overview
Presented by Gibbens, B. on Feb 03, 2017 at the UND College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines, N513 Core Concepts II, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- The Importance of Community in Rural Health
Presented by Gibbens, B. on Dec 01, 2016 at the UND College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines, N548 Advanced Public Health Nursing, Grand Forks, North Dakota