Hospitals and Facilities
Strengthening and sustaining rural healthcare infrastructure means access to quality healthcare for rural North Dakota residents. We work with rural hospitals, facilities, and others interested in rural healthcare to:
- Provide rural facilities opportunities to maintain and improve the care they give
- Support current healthcare systems, allowing them to flourish
- Distribute various grants to sustain health systems
What We Can Do for You
Related to Hospitals and Facilities, we provide:
- Funding specific to rural hospitals and providers such as the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Rural Health Grant Program and the Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP).
- Rural hospital support with our Critical Access Hospital (CAH) Quality Network and Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) Program
- Opportunities to increase local healthcare capacity using assistance from the State Office of Rural Health.
We initiated and currently support the North Dakota CAH Quality Network, which is a resource for CAHs to share best practices and quality initiatives. We also work with both rural and urban hospitals to coordinate meetings and continuing education opportunities. Our staff are invited to present, at the state and national level, on the collaborative efforts related to quality and patient safety taking place in rural North Dakota. They also serve on a variety of committees related to EMS, HIT, quality improvement and other topics related to rural healthcare.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Caring Foundation Rural Health Grant Program
- CAH Quality Network
- Community Apgar Project
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- North Dakota Rural Community-Based Palliative Care
- Primary Care Office
- Project ECHO
- Rural Health Clinic Network
- Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program
- State Office of Rural Health