The Center for Rural Health assists rural areas in meeting their health workforce needs. Using state and federal resources, we:
- Educate North Dakota students about rural health careers
- Research workforce issues at the state and national level
- Provide assistance in matching healthcare professionals and rural communities
What We Can Do for YouIn the area of health workforce, we offer:
- Health career awareness activities in collaboration with rural schools: Area Health Education Centers, Scrubs Programs, and K-12 Educational Resources.
- Recruitment and retention assistance provided by our workforce specialist, State Office of Rural Health, Primary Care Office, 3RNet membership, and Community Apgar Project.
- Continuing education opportunities for health professionals at the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health.
- Statistics, projections, and information about health workforce from the Healthcare Workforce Group, Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center, and our research and evaluation team.
Hospital Workforce Survey
- Detailed Charts From The North Dakota Hospital Survey Results: Workforce
- North Dakota Hospital Assessment: 2014 Chartbook
- Seventh Biennial Report: Health Issues for the State of North Dakota, 2023