Health Career Exploration Resources for Teachers
Items for Loan
- Educational Resources
- In-A-Box – The In-A-Box program provides current health and science activities to students in grades 4-12, to inspire them about the possibilities of a career in healthcare.
- Outbreak at Watersedge – Help discover the source of the outbreak that has hit the small community of Watersedge and stop it before the residents get sick.
Center for Rural Health Resources
Resources are in PDF format
- Career Booklet
- Book list for elementary students
- Coloring Contest for grades K-2
- COOL Ideas
- Health Science Career Cluster Chart
- Healthy Snack Recipes
- Interactive Activity Ideas by Department
- Personal Learning Plan
- Table Tents
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Brain Pop
- Cool Science for Curious Kids
- Flesh toned Jell-O recipe
- Neuroscience for Kids
- NIH Science Education - STEM Teaching Resources
- Science Activities and Experiments
- Science Fair Projects website
Center for Rural Health Workforce Initiatives
- HIPAA Training
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center – Coordinates health career awareness activities with school systems and rural hospitals in North Dakota.
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) – A rural health and human services "information portal" that helps rural communities and other rural stakeholders access the full range of available programs, funding, and research that can enable them to provide quality health and human services to rural residents.
- Rural Collaborative Opportunities for Occupational Learning in Health (R-COOL-Health) Scrubs Program
- State Office of Rural Health – A federal-state partnership to help rural communities build their healthcare services through public and private partnerships and initiatives in rural health development.
Other Links and Resources
- Career Resource Network – Career exploration resources specifically designed for students, educators, and parents.
- Career Outlook – Comprehensive career exploration and planning publication for North Dakota students.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org – Resource offering information on health careers, enrichment programs, and educational funding for minority and low income students.
- Job Service North Dakota – Provides an array of services to help workers find suitable employment, administers the Unemployment Insurance program for North Dakota, assists businesses acquire qualified workers, and produces the best and most up-to-date labor market information in the state.
- North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education – Offers career awareness, work readiness skills, occupational preparation, and retraining of workers throughout the state for all educational levels.
- North Dakota Department of Health & Human Services – Protects and enhances the health and safety of all North Dakotans.
- North Dakota University System (NDUS) – Made up of 11 public colleges and universities governed by the State Board of Higher Education, the NDUS is composed of two doctoral degree-granting institutions, two master’s degree-granting institutions, two universities that offer baccalaureate degrees and five campuses that offer associate and trade or technical degrees.
- States Career Clusters (Health Science) – Career Clusters that identify the knowledge and skills learners need as they follow a path towards their career goals.
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences – Educates and prepares North Dakota residents as physicians, medical scientists, and other health professionals for service to the people of North Dakota and the nation, and advances medical and biomedical knowledge through research.
For more information, contact:
Kylie Nissen, Program Director
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9037