Outstanding Rural Educator/Mentor
This award is presented to a professional who has made outstanding contributions to the education, development and placement of new healthcare professionals in rural North Dakota communities. Academic educators, community-based instructors and preceptors are eligible for this award.
- 2018 – Two awardees: Karen Clementich, MS, RN, Nursing Program Director & Associate Professor of Nursing at Lake Region State College and Deb McAvoy, MSN, RN, Clinical Faculty & Site Manager, Dakota Nursing Program at Bismarck State College
- 2017 – Annie Gerhardt, DNP, Family Nurse Practitioner at Altru Clinic Lake Region, Devils Lake
- 2016 – Julie Traynor, Dakota Nursing Program at Bismarck State College, Dakota College at Bottineau, Lake Region State College, and Williston State College
- 2015 – Vonnie Johnson, FNP-BC, ANOVA Family Health Center, Watford City, North Dakota
- 2014 – Dr. Mark Strand, PhD, Associate Professor, North Dakota State University, Fargo